Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's A Big Recap Charlie Brown!!!

Hello all.  Sorry it's been so long since my last post.  We have been busy little bees since we last spoke.  Two weekends ago C's mom and sister came for a visit to see the new house.  That Friday night we went to dinner then Saturday we ate breakfast and went shopping.  C's mom and I got some new Bare Minerals make up at ULTA and I have to say, I LOVE IT.  It is very smooth and natural looking and only takes a few minutes in the morning.  We also went to Belk and C's sis scored a new swimsuit.  That night, C grilled the best steak!  I don't know if we will ever go out for steak again!  Sunday morning we woke up and ate breakfast and then it was time for them to leave.  They had a long drive ahead.  We really had a great visit!

This past Thursday we went to the Back Doctor for C to get an epidural injection of cortisone on his sciatic nerve.  The appointment was set for 1:15 and C couldn't eat beforehand.  So like a good wife, I didn't eat either.  I am much like an infant when I can't eat and I was praying for the procedure to move quickly.  There were some chips and salsa just waiting with my name on them.  We left the Back Doctor at 4:45.  That's right.  So much for quickness.  I was kind of worried that C would be out of it when all was said and done but he was a trooper.  He was completely lucid which is great because he might have had to sleep in the car.  I don't know that I could have helped him all by myself.  I'm not kidding when I call him Big C.  He towers about a foot over me.  We went and ate Mexican then watched movies and napped the rest of the day. 

Friday I volunteered at an organization for adults with Down Syndrome.  What a blast we had!!  We ate hamburgers and hotdogs, did the limbo, played Bingo and had a Wii bowling tournament.  They are so great and truly a treasure to be around.  It was so much fun to hang out with them and I plan to do it again soon.

This past weekend C and I headed to Birmingham for a cookout at his boss' house.  Friday night we met his little brother's girlfriend for the first time and stayed up way to late talking to them.  We are definitely not as young as we used to be.  Functioning on little to no sleep is way harder than it used to be.  Saturday morning we were supposed to take breakfast to my friend Alicia who recently had a new baby.  C woke up not feeling well with a slight fever and being the neurotic I am I refused to take sickness to a newborn so we will have to visit them when we are all well!

We visited with C's dad a little for Father's Day then headed back Sunday afternoon.  What an exhausting week!!  I will definitely do better with the blogging guys.  My hiatus is over.  Sad that I already took a hiatus after a week of blogging huh?  Doesn't say a lot for my work ethic :)

1 comments:

Camron Entrekin said...

If we ever make that drive again it will be too soon! I need to finish some of the things I started on this house...

Post a Comment