Monday, June 7, 2010

So This Is Love...

Cinderella and I had nothing in common on our wedding days except we both wore a white dress.

The Friday night before our wedding was our rehearsal. I hadn’t been feeling great, but I chalked it up to the fact that I was getting married the next day. I began to cough a little at the rehearsal dinner but again thought I was just tired.

Saturday morning I awoke at my Mom’s house and knew right away that I had something a little more than a mild case of exhaustion. I looked like absolute crap. My mom and I head to the doc in the box to see what is wrong with me on the most important day of my life thus far.

Turns out I had the FLU!! Isn’t that what you dreamed about as a little girl playing wedding with your grandmother’s curtains? Me either. First let me say that the flu test is the most horrible thing in the world. They basically shove a Q-tip up your nose. It might as well have been a smoldering hot branding iron. I swear they touched brain.

I end up getting two shots. One a steroid shot and the other a shot of Ibuprofen. Steroid shot + fat girl + heavy wedding gown make for an interesting day y’all. I think I broke a sweat immediately after injection. On top of that I got woozy and had to drink that delicious stuff they give people for a diabetes test to bring my blood sugar up to a functioning level.

The nice Asian doctor gives me a prescription for Tama flu. Great! This stuff will knock the flu right out. Only you can’t take it and drink alcohol or be in the sun. Needless to say the meds didn’t make the flight to the Grand Bahamian Sandals resort with us. Who wants to go to an all inclusive tropical resort and not drink or be in the sun? Not this girl!

My mom and I then rush off to check into the hotel where the wedding festivities are to take place and I go get my hair did with my girls.

Kind of obvious in that last one that I wasn’t 100% huh?

The rest of the day went surprisingly smooth considering I had to be in a room set to 60 degrees so as not to melt :)

We got to our room that night extremely late and departed for the honeymoon at 6 am. That is six in the morning people. I don’t get up that early to go to work!

Here I am about to eat lunch the first day in the Bahamas. Aren’t I just the picture of health? I also had a cough that resembled a barking dog. Lots of people wanted to hang with us :) What with the swine flu and all.


Lisa said...

I love the fact that your hair is beautiful, Robin's is sleek and smooth, and mine looks like I put too much "grease" in it that morning. :)

Keith and Natalie said...

I love this post. A lot.

Post a Comment