Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Snort Heard Round the World.... Or at least my office

This morning Kerri and I got on the elevator to head to our floor to work.  You know that awkward dance of button pushing when someone is trying to get on the elevator and you're trying to push the open button but you're really pushing the closed button?  It happened before my very eyes.

This lady was trying to get on and as soon as she crossed the threshold, the doors slammed shut on her.  It was a torturous ride to my floor.  The whole five seconds I was doing the cough thing to try and cover up my laughter.  I felt really bad for the lady and tried to hold it together but it was hard people.  Like trying not to giggle in church.

As soon as we got off and the door closed safely behind us, I was dying.  I mean falling apart at the seams.  If any of you have ever seen me really tickled you know I snort a little.  The sound of the snort that came out of me this morning was like the tornado siren had just gone off.  People were craning around the cubicles to see who was causing such a commotion.

That would be me. 

I had tears streaming down my face y'all.  I was all but bent over laughing at this poor woman getting rammed by the elevator doors.  I am chuckling as I write this because it was so funny. 

Please don't think I'm awful. I probably would be laughing even harder if it was me.  She wasn't hurt, only a little embarassed.  It was an interesting start to the day.

Hope everyone had a great Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment