Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Introducing for your entertainment....

FITTY TWO....



Today is my Mom's birthday.  She is my best friend, the giver of great advise, and the first phone call I make whenever I have something funny to say or a question.  I don't get to see her as much as I would like but talking to her everyday makes up for it a little. 


What is the woman who made me who I am today like, you ask?  She's a hoot!!  She made my Halloween costumes until the incident in third grade when I was Cinderella.  Why was there an incident?  "All little girls love Cinderella", you say.  That's true.  But I was Cinderella before she was a princess.  That's right folks.  I wore rags and she put soot on my face with eye shadow.  But to quote her, "It built CHARACTER".  My Mom is all about building character.:)


From the very beginning, we were BFFs.  We loved to play on Christmas morning.




Now, regardless of what she'll tell you, there were only two of us (not eighty-two).  And sure, we had almost the exact same haircut for a while...



but we also had fun.  We set up a tent in my grandparents living room and Mom crawled around it pretending to be a bear.  Sadly, my brother and I weren't very smart and sometimes thought it was a real bear.



I always had great birthday parties.  Especially the one where I totally won musical chairs but my mom gave my prize to someone else.  It's OK though.  I'm over it.  She did get me some in my stocking years later. (Please note that the package says for three and up and I got it when I was in my twenties.)



She is the youngest (by far :) ) of three.  She was always a tricky one.  When my aunt would go on a date, my grandfather had her trained.  She would say really loudly to my aunt in front of the date that "He's not the same boy who was here last night".


(There was some tape on this picture.)

She's seen me through a lot of tough times. 



I mean really.  What kind of outfit requires a hat and a rose?

She's also seen me through some great times. 



All in all, I'm sorry for all of you who are sad right now, because your thoughts are correct.  I have the BEST MOM in the world.  Happy Birthday Mom!!  I love you!



2 comments:

Camron Entrekin said...

Happy Birthday Jan!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Mrs Jan!! I hope its great! Love you!!

Post a Comment